Friday, December 10, 2010

Shares in Lemsip

My body has been kidnapped by the flu, never had it before. I don’t think I’ve ever been this sick. Temperature off the Richter, the sweats, joints felt like they had been kicked and punched, my chest filled with daggers. Now on day 7 I am beginning to sound like Marian Finucane all husky and chesty. Soooooo fed up. My two girls who are pegged out on the couch, they have been taken over by the evil virus also. Went to the doctor this morning but it’s viral so really there is nothing to be done but run its course. We left our mark, the Youngest threw up on the carpet in the surgery. They have a thing about carpets here, who in all fairness would put a carpet in a doctor’s surgery? And to top it all I have a number of assignments due in, including statistics (the mere mention of the word makes my skin crawl) which I don’t understand, have no interest in completing so I am not in a good place right now. I don’t have the patience to be a good patient. This whole sick business doesn’t suit me. Of course, it all kicked off when Himself was away with work in Florida. It is a man’s world after all. Usually it’s one or all of the kids who get sick when he is away. Not this time, just little ole me. He missed his Christmas do last night, because we were sick. There was huffing and puffing and sulking, the tux all forlorn on the hanger, unused. Face...bovvered. Just want my body back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment